Before we started eating real food my only experience with green beans was from a can. To be honest, it took me a while to get used to the texture of fresh green beans. I love them now and prefer them to the canned ones.
This dish is one of my favorite ways to prepare them. You may be tempted to leave the almonds out. Don’t! The almonds absorb a lot of the flavor in this recipe and they definitely make all the difference. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! Now if I can just get the kids to like them as much as we do I’d be one happy momma.
- 8-10 oz fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1½ T olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 3-4 T slivered or sliced almonds
- Steam the green beans for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Set aside.
- Heat the oils in a skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add green beans and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and almonds and sauté for one minute.