Start your day with a hearty breakfast sandwich! This Egg and Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich with Strawberry Butter is the perfect mix of savory and sweet.
We have a breakfast routine that usually includes avocado toast + a fried egg, oatmeal, peanut butter toast, scrambled eggs, and occasionally pancakes or waffles. But every once in a while I get a wild hair and make something different. Enter this egg and turkey sausage breakfast sandwich.
The secret to this sandwich is the strawberry butter! I mix softened butter and strawberry jelly together and spread it on a toasted English muffin and top it with turkey sausage and an egg. The savory breakfast sausage and sweetened butter are a great combo! I add the egg because everything is better with an egg on it, right? My boys prefer the yolk cooked through but I love mine runny. Either way, this breakfast sandwich is a hit!
I tried Jennie-O’s turkey sausage and was really happy with the taste. I’m not one that usually replaces things like sausage and bacon with turkey but I wanted to give this a try and it was really good. If you’re looking for something lighter than your typical pork sausage you should definitely give it a try.
- 8-12 oz turkey sausage (I used Jennie-O)
- 4 eggs
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 2 T butter, softened
- 2 T strawberry preserves
- In a small bowl, whisk butter and strawberry preserves until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Form sausage into 4 patties. Cook in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, or until golden brown and crisp. Place sausage patties on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Wipe out skillet and return to stove. Add a little butter or spray and turn heat to medium. Crack the eggs and fry until cooked through. Or leave a little yolk if you prefer.
- Toast the English Muffins.
- To assemble: Spread 1 tablespoon of strawberry butter on the bottom of four English Muffins. Place 1 egg and one sausage patty on each and cap with the English muffin top. Serve immediately.