Today I have a super easy “recipe” that’s perfect for lunch or a busy weeknight. I love Triscuit crackers because they only have three simple ingredients: whole wheat flour, oil, and salt. As an added bonus, Triscuit now makes an organic version with organic whole wheat, organic sunflower oil, and sea salt. (I found them at Costco.) Obviously, I wouldn’t call them a health food but as far as convenience foods go, these aren’t too bad! If you serve these little pizzas with some fresh fruit and veggies you have a simple and easy meal that both kids and adults will love. As an added bonus these can be customized so that everyone has the toppings they like. Get the kids involved and let them make their own little pizzas.
Instead of using red sauce on the pizzas I used pesto and then warmed up some marinara sauce for dipping. I served ours with some fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and edamame.
- Triscuit crackers
- Cheese (I used mozarella)
- Sauce of choice: pizza sauce or pesto
- Toppings of choice: fresh basil, pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, etc.
- Marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Turn the oven onto broil.
- Lay the Triscuits out on a baking sheet.
- Top with sauce of choice or you can skip sauce all together.
- Add cheese and any other toppings your family likes.
- Broil for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with fresh fruits and veggies for a simple and well rounded meal.
Seriously, it doesn’t get any easier than that!